Board of Management
The Board of Management consists of the following:
- Two direct nominees of the Patron
- Two parents of children enrolled in the school (one being a mother, the other a father), elected by the general body of parents of children enrolled in the school.
- The principal teacher (or acting principal teacher) of the school.
- One other teacher on the staff of the school, elected by vote of the teaching staff.
- Two community representatives
This Board of Management members are as follows;
- Martin Ryan (Patron’s Representative and Chairperson)
- Patrick Judge (Principal, Secretary)
- Carol Travers (Community Representative)
- Rev. Edward Kavanagh PP (Patron’s Representative)
- Mary Malone (Teacher Representative, Recording Secretary)
- Sinéad Yallop (Community Representative)
- Helen O’ Connor (Parents’ Representative)
- Cormac O’ Donoghue (Parents’ Representative)
Functions of the Board of Management
Boards of Management are responsible for the direct government of schools. The duties of the Board of Management include the following:
- The appointment of teachers and ancillary staff;
- Approving school closures;
- Approving teacher absences for a variety of reasons;
- The appointment of teachers to deputy/principal and other posts of responsibility;
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation; and
- Ensuring that schools are adequately insured and maintained.